Governor Dayton’s Chief of Staff is leading a major effort to diversity state government, including boards and commissions. Some high level boards have openings that will be filled by June, 2016 and the Office of Governor Mark Dayton and Lt. Governor Tina Smith is actively recruiting diverse candidates to apply.
Chief of Staff, Jaime Tincher hosted two sessions with community leaders to seek their help to diversify these boards and commissions. Tincher said she called the sessions because some of these boards will play a critical role in defining policy responses to such issues as diversifying the workforce and addressing the looming labor shortage in Minnesota.
The following boards have openings and application materials can be found here:
- Governor’s Workforce Development Board
· Minnesota Job Skills Partnership Board
· Early Learning Council
· Urban Initiative Board
· Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board
· Minnesota Assistive Technology Advisory Council
· Board of Nursing
· Board of Psychology
· Board of Teaching
· Board of Dietetics and Nutrition
· Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Childhood Intervention
· Minnesota Zoo Board
· Commission on National and Community Service