Bruce P. Corrie, PhD
There are multiple proposals offered to address racial economic disparities in Minnesota. These 9 questions can help develop effective policy solutions.
- Is it inclusive of all ALANA (African Latino Asian and Native American) communities?
- Will it reach people at the grassroots level who need the resources the most?
- Will it include smaller non-profits and organizations and not the more established ones?
- Will it reach ALANA communities in Greater Minnesota?
- Does it cover the core areas: Jobs, Achievement Gap, Business Development, Housing, Health Care, cultural intelligence?
- Is it supporting long term initiatives?
- Will it require accountability, accessibility and results?
- Will it be complemented with strategies to support White blue collar and hard to employ workers?
- Does it cover the full spectrum: give a fish, teach people to fish, provide a space to fish, help invent a new fish and transform the fishing industry?